Hair transplants have become relatively popular nowadays, especially among men. More and more men are getting hair transplants to eliminate hair loss, bald patches, and pattern baldness. However, those considering hair transplants often face the dilemma of choosing between Follicular Unit Transplant (FUT) and Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE). While both approaches have their pros and cons, it is essential to understand them to make the right call. If you plan to undergo an FUE Hair Transplant Dubai, this is a detailed guide to the procedure. Below, we have discussed everything related to the procedure, from FUE hair transplant cost to candidacy.
Continue reading to familiarize yourself with the process of an FUE Hair Transplant.
- 1 Are you a Candidate?
- 1.1 Sufficient Donor Hair on the Scalp
- 1.2 Tight Scalp
- 1.3 Donor Hair on the Body
- 1.4 Controlled Hair Loss
- 1.5 How much does an FUE hair transplant cost?
- 1.6 Is FUE hair transplant permanent?
- 1.7 Are hair transplants painful?
- 1.8 Do hair transplants look natural?
- 1.9 Which is better FUE or FUT hair transplant?
- 2 Goals of FUE Hair Transplant Dubai
- 3 FUE Hair Transplant Techniques
- 4 FUE Hair Transplant Before and After
- 5 Preparing for FUE Hair transplant
- 6 FUE Hair Transplant Procedure
- 7 Aftercare Instructions
- 8 Benefits
- 9 How Long the Results Will Last?
- 10 FUE Hair Transplant Cost in Dubai
- 11 Our Team of Doctors
- 12 Get a Consultation
Are you a Candidate?
Like FUT, anybody bothered by hair thinning or baldness can benefit from a hair FUE transplant. However, some individuals are specifically considered ideal for Follicular Unit Extraction. These are the ones seeking a minimally invasive technique with minimal downtime and speedy recovery.
Other prerequisites for the candidacy of FUE Hair Transplant in Dubai include:
Sufficient Donor Hair on the Scalp
Patients must have sufficient baldness-resistant hair grafts that could be harvested and transplanted in the balding areas.
Individuals with tight scalps are not considered good candidates for FUT hair transplant. So, patients with not enough scalp laxity can benefit from an FUE Dubai.
Donor Hair on the Body
FUE technique also allows body transplantation. If patients don’t have sufficient donor hair on the scalp, the surgeon will harvest donor grafts from the body.
Controlled Hair Loss
Patients with non-progressive hair loss are ideal for FUE hair transplantation. If the hair loss is progressive, the surgery results will not last for long. As a result, patients may have to undergo a second surgery.
Several factors influence the cost of an FUE hair transplant. These factors include the patient's location, the surgeon's expertise, the location of the clinic etc. Therefore, the exact cost of the treatment can only be determined after the patient's evaluation. Yes, FUE hair transplant is a permanent solution for hair fall. The patient's own hair follicles are used to fill the balding and thinning areas. These follicles are genetically enhanced to keep growing throughout the patient's life. If you choose an experienced surgeon, the entire process of FUE hair transplant will go as painlessly as possible. The initial injection may sting a little, but after that the whole procedure is painless. Hair transplants will look natural as long as the patient chooses the right surgeon for the job. A qualified surgeon is a key to natural-looking hair transplants. So, do thorough research before choosing a surgeon for FUE hair transplant. Both procedures have their merits and demerits. However, FUE hair transplant is preferred by a lot of people because of its unnoticeable scars. The scars in this treatment are usually round and small and they are scattered throughout the scalp.
How much does an FUE hair transplant cost?
Is FUE hair transplant permanent?
Are hair transplants painful?
Do hair transplants look natural?
Which is better FUE or FUT hair transplant?
Several factors influence the cost of an FUE hair transplant. These factors include the patient's location, the surgeon's expertise, the location of the clinic etc. Therefore, the exact cost of the treatment can only be determined after the patient's evaluation.
Yes, FUE hair transplant is a permanent solution for hair fall. The patient's own hair follicles are used to fill the balding and thinning areas. These follicles are genetically enhanced to keep growing throughout the patient's life.
If you choose an experienced surgeon, the entire process of FUE hair transplant will go as painlessly as possible. The initial injection may sting a little, but after that the whole procedure is painless.
Hair transplants will look natural as long as the patient chooses the right surgeon for the job. A qualified surgeon is a key to natural-looking hair transplants. So, do thorough research before choosing a surgeon for FUE hair transplant.
Both procedures have their merits and demerits. However, FUE hair transplant is preferred by a lot of people because of its unnoticeable scars. The scars in this treatment are usually round and small and they are scattered throughout the scalp.
Goals of FUE Hair Transplant Dubai
Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE) hair transplant in Dubai primarily aims at helping an individual regain lost hair. Other goals specifically attributed to Follicular Unit Extraction are:
- Regaining a fuller and thicker head of hair permanently
- Avoiding the telltale linear scar caused by the traditional strip transplant method
- Limiting the downtime as well as the recovery period
- Providing natural-looking results
FUE Hair Transplant Techniques
Techniques used for Follicular Unit Extraction include the following:
Manual FUE Hair Transplant Dubai
In this technique, the surgeon extracts hair grafts manually using a punch tool.
Motorized Automated FUE
An automated punch tool is used for speedy graft extraction in this technique.
In this technique, adult stem cells are extracted from the donor area.
FUE Hair Transplant Before and After
Preparing for FUE Hair transplant
Preparing for the surgery is essential for a successful hair transplant. Here is a list of things that you should avoid before the surgery:
- Stop taking blood thinners at least two weeks before the surgery.
- Quit smoking at least 15 to 20 days before your hair transplant.
- Stop alcohol consumption at least a week before your transplant is scheduled.
- Fill all your prescriptions (both painkillers and antibiotics) well in advance.
FUE Hair Transplant Procedure
Following steps are involved in an FUE Hair Transplant procedure:
- Donor area preparation: The donor area will be shaved and marked for the extraction of follicles.
- Anesthesia (donor site): Local anesthesia will be administered to the donor area to numb it and make the extraction process virtually painless.
- Donor hair extraction: The surgeon will extract donor grafts one by one using a specialized punching tool of diameter less than 0.1 mm.
- Graft preparation: Extracted grafts are handed over to technical staff to trim them carefully under stereo microscopes and obtain desired sized grafts.
- Anesthesia (recipient site): Once graft extraction is complete, local anesthesia is administered to the recipient area to numb it.
- Recipient area preparation: Tiny incisions are made at specific angles at the recipient area to implant hair grafts.
- Graft insertion: After the recipient area is prepared, the surgeon carefully inserts the donor grafts into the tiny incisions to complete the transplant.Recovery Process
The recovery period of a hair FUE transplant is virtually painless and discomfort-free. However, patients can make it entirely uneventful by following post-op instructions. Some general aftercare guidelines are as follows:
- Use cold compresses to deal with the swelling and bruising of the scalp.
- Start taking pain medications right after the surgery.
- Sleep in an elevated position for the first few nights.
- Avoid consuming any blood thinners for a couple of weeks following the surgery.
- Avoid tanning and sun exposure.
- Do not touch the scalp unnecessarily.
- Scratching the scalp is strictly prohibited.
- FUE hair transplant has a lot of benefits. Some of them are mentioned below:
FUE is minimally invasive, unlike the FUT method. A strip of skin is cut from the donor site in the latter technique, making it quite invasive. However, in the FUE technique, removing the skin from the donor site is not required. Therefore, those who don’t want to get a strip cut out of their scalp can benefit from FUE.
Since no strip cutting is involved, no linear scar is left at the donor site like FUT. Tiny pinhole scars are produced, but they are easy to conceal.
Use of Body Hair
FUE can harvest hair follicles from almost any area of the body. This quality makes it a magical technique for those with severe balding or poor-quality donor hair on the scalp.
FUE is an ideal option for people looking for minimal downtime after the surgery. In comparison with the strip method, the FUE method has significantly less downtime.
Since the procedure is virtually painless and minimally invasive, it does not cause extreme discomfort. The discomfort experienced after the surgical procedure is relatively more minor in FUE compared to FUT.
The healing is less taxing since there is no long scar making matters hard for the patient.
How Long the Results Will Last?
Since FUE uses baldness-resistant follicles, they maintain this quality at their new site and do not fall out. Therefore, patients must not worry about the new hairs, as they will stay there for the rest of their lives. However, like your natural hairs, the transplanted ones may fall out, as it is part of a hair growth cycle. But a new hair will grow out from the same follicle, and the supply of hair would be replenished.
FUE Hair Transplant Cost in Dubai
The Hair Transplant Dubai Clinic offers exceptionally reasonable and competitive rates for FUE hair transplants. On average, the FUE Hair Transplant in Dubai price starts from AED 10 to AED 12 per graft.
Patients must keep in mind that per graft cost range is the primary pricing factor for hair transplants. However, it is not the only cost-determining factor. Several other factors influence the final price of a transplant. Some of these factors may include the hair transplant surgeon’s expertise, the clinic/facility’s location, the number of grafts needed,
Our Team of Doctors
Get a Consultation
Are you looking for more information about Best FUE Hair Transplant in Dubai? Please make use of our online consultation by simply filling the form below. Our highly qualified surgeons and staff will ensure you have an extraordinary hair transplantation experience with us. We are also offering Hair Transplant services at highly competitive prices. So, what are you waiting for? Fill the form below and take your first step towards a fuller head of hair.