Thinning hair, regardless of the cause, can be frustrating for both men and women. But studies have shown that women take the stress more as compared to their male counterparts as they feel losing a prominent feature of their feminism. If you are also having sleepless nights due to thinning hair, then stop worrying! There are quite a few easy-to-do remedies available to help you make your thinning hair look fuller. Here we will share with you some of these tips and tricks, follow them and make your hair appear thicker, fuller and voluptuous.
- Style your hairs smartly
The hairstyle you wear can both emphasize and minimize hair thinning. So style your hairs smartly.
- Get the Right Cut: The first thing that you can do for you thinning hair is to style them in an elegant way. Talk to your hairstylist to find out which hair cut and style will suit your face cuts. Don’t forget to tell your stylist that the new style should also add fuller effect to your thinning hair. Layers offer a great way to make your thinning locks appear thicker. Also, shorter length makes your hair look voluptuous whereas long hairs make the thinning effect more notable.
- Dye your hair in two or more shades: A single tone hair color enhances the thinner appearance of your hairs. So, to fake a denser appearance, color your hairs with varying shades in different dimensions. Select a shade slightly darker than your natural skin tone. Dying your hairs with a harsh color may emphasize loss of volume. Highlights and lowlights also offer a great way to add dimension to your hair and make them look fuller.
- Choose Right Products
Choosing right hair care products is also essential to keep make hairs look at their best. Look for volumizing and thickening products – shampoos, hairsprays, mousses etc.
- Use thickening shampoo: There are shampoos available in market, specially designed to make your hair appear thicker and healthier. These shampoos contain ingredients that plump up the roots of your hairs, making the shafts appear thicker and straighter. Hairstylists recommend two in one shampoos, as they don’t tend to weigh down your already thin hairs. Also, avoid washing your hair daily.
- Avoid heavy conditioners: Conditioning your hairs regularly is essential to keep them hydrated and adequately moisturized. But avoid using intensive conditioners, or they will weigh down your already thin, lifeless strands. Also, make sure to rinse the entire product out of your hair. Any remains left behind can be damaging for your hairs.
- Try Natural Hair Growth Methods:
Natural remedies offer the best way to increase your hair thickness and make your locks grow faster. Try these time-tested natural remedies to make your tresses healthier and thicker.
- Aloe Vera Gel: Aloe gel is among the most consistently cited natural remedies for healthy hair growth. It not only helps lock natural moisture and promote hair growth, but also fights fungal infections to provide your hairs a healthy environment to grow. Take fresh aloe vera leaf and peel it off carefully to obtain the gel inside. Apply the gel to the scalp and leave it on for 30 to 60 minutes. Shampoo your hair as usual.
- Castor Oil Massage: Another most frequently used home remedy for hair thickening is castor oil massage. Take 3 to 4 tablespoons of unprocessed castor oil and massage it into the scalp for 5 to 7 minutes. Wait overnight for best results or at least an hour, and then shampoo as usual.