Are you worried about your extensive hair loss and are scared of undergoing a surgical hair restoration treatments? The latest PRP treatment for hair loss has made it easy for you like never before.
What is PRP?
PRP is a sample of blood taken from your body that contains higher growth factors as compared to the remaining blood. These growth factors stimulate the hair follicles to become healthier and stronger and grow more hair.
How does PRP Treatment for hair loss work?
The PRP was earlier used for the healing process of joint and wounds after the surgery. Later, few surgeons found out from certain experimentation that PRP helps to stimulate the blood vessels and enhances the collagen productions which resulted in better hair growth. Since then, PRP has become an effective non-surgical treatment for hair loss.
What are Pre-Requisites for the PRP Treatment?
Before getting yourself prepared for the PRP Treatment, you need to practice some pre-op instructions to be able to get maximum outcomes of the procedure.
PRP Treatment is a simple procedure that does not require extensive preparations. Following are the things that you must consider prior to the treatment.
- Washing your scalp: Wash your head on the morning of your procedure day. You may not be allowed to wash the scalp for 24-36 hours following the procedure.
- Avoid blood-thinning medicines: Although it is a virtually non-surgical procedure, blood thinning medications can affect the outcome of the procedure. Avoid these medicines during the last 36-48 hours before PRP treatment.
- No strenuous exercise: Indulging in strenuous activities before the procedure is also not recommended. Avoid an arduous workout session during the final 48 hours before the PRP treatment.
Steps for Performing a PRP Treatment
- After all the pre-cautionary measure are taken, the procedure starts with taking out a sample of blood from the patient’s body.
- The sample is then indulged into a specialized apparatus to separate the platelet-rich plasma from the blood.
- Locally anaesthesia is administered to make the process smooth and comfortable for the patient.
- Obtained PRP is then injected into the scalp of the patient with a series of injections.
The treatment process is about one and a half hour long which is very short as compared to surgical procedures for hair loss conditions.
Benefits of PRP
- Simple and straightforward procedure
- No downtime
- Less recovery period
- Long lasting results
- Completely natural method
- Natural looking results
What conditions can PRP treat?
PRP therapy can treat following cases of hair loss:
- Male pattern baldness
- Female pattern baldness
- Alopecia Areata
- Metabolic hair loss
Cost of the Treatment
The PRP treatment for hair loss is much cost-effective as compared to surgical hair restoration procedures. The actual price may vary depending upon the following factors.
- Number of sessions required
- Country or region of the treatment
- The expertise of the surgeon
Candidacy for the treatment
It is always recommended to inquire about the candidacy for the PRP treatment before planning to undergo the procedure. Following are the pre-requisites to get the treatment.
- You have realistic expectations of outcomes of the procedure
- You want to stop the receding hairline
- You are aiming for a natural result
PRP in Abu Dhabi
Hair Transplant Clinic has all the expertise to perform a successful PRP in Abu Dhabi for your hair loss condition. This procedure is equally useful for both male and female patients, except those wearing an utterly bald thatch.
Schedule a Free Consultation
If you are still confused and want to know more about the treatment, feel free to book an online consultation for free by just filling an online form or contacting us on the given numbers.