Hair loss is also caused by the hormonal imbalance. Experiencing thinning of hair and hair shedding is very common and no doubt stressful.
Most women are suffering from hair loss due to their bad lifestyle like excessive use of heating tools, using long lasting hair products, direct exposure to the sun, unhealthy diet, insufficient sleep etc.
But some suffer from androgenic alopecia. It’s a characteristic which is passed through their parents. This type of hair loss starts when women reach at the age of 40-65.
If you are experiencing hair loss then here you will learn about
14 Surprising Things That Can Cause Hair Loss:
- Genetics, either from one or from both sides of your family.
- Keeping your hair pulled back in tight styles.
- Delivering a baby.
- Over exercising.
- Being malnourished.
- Experiencing a traumatic event or a dealing with a big change in your schedule.
- Being anemic.
- Having an underactive or overactive thyroid.
- Taking certain medications.
- Getting the flu.
- Living with an autoimmune disorder.
- Using hair regrowth tonics
- Having high levels of testosterone.
- Aging and menopause.
What is Androgenic Alopecia/ Genetic Hair Loss?
Androgenic alopecia is a very common form of hair loss which can affect both genders, men, and women. It’s inherited from one or from both parents and can cause pattern hair loss at any time after puberty.
In androgenic alopecia, the shedding phase or the telogen stage is mostly very long. Whereas the growth phase or the anagen stage is very short or un-noticeable.
That’s the reason, women experiencing androgenic alopecia or hereditary hair loss needs a long lasting and effective treatment to cure it in time.
Victims who are suffering from androgenic alopecia doesn’t have fixed hair regrowth stages but it varies from person to person.
These are the 03 stages of hair regrowth cycle, which are unstable in the androgenic alopecia victims:
03 Stages of Hair Regrowth Cycle:
- Anagen Stage/ Growing Phase
- Catagen Phase/ Resting Phase
- Telogen Phase/ Shedding Phase
· Anagen Stage:
Hair goes through the anagen stage. In this stage, hair grows naturally and it’s the longest stage among other stages of hair regrowth cycle.
· Catagen Phase:
This is the resting stage of hair, in which hair rests for about 10 days.
· Telogen Phase:
And after completing the resting phase or the catagen phase, hair goes through the telogen phase. In which hair begins to fall and the whole process starts all over again.
What can be done to Control Hair Loss?
You can also follow some simple and easy tips to control your hair loss, including:
- Make it a habit to wash your hair twice a week.
- Avoid using heating tools for styling your hair.
- Try not to use long lasting hair products
- Try to make loose hair styles like loose braid, ponytail, and bun.
- Consume healthy diet
Tips to Spot Early Signs of Androgenic Alopecia:
- If you are losing more than 100 hair strands
- If your ponytail, braid or bun becomes thinner.
- If your scalp is becoming visible and your hair has less volume than it used to have.
- If the ends are finer than usual.
- If your hair is getting thinner at the front, crown or temple zones of the scalp.
Warning Signs of Androgenic Alopecia:
According to the Trichologist of the Hair Transplant Clinic, androgenic alopecia typically appears with gradual hair thinning on the crown region with a widened part.
Seek Professional Help:
So if you are suffering from hair loss or you have noticed the early symptoms of androgenic alopecia, then it’s a good idea to seek professional help. Consult a trichologist at Hair Transplant Dubai Clinic for the evaluation of your hair loss treatment options.
Consultation with the Trichologist:
The trichologist will first examine your scalp and then will tell you that which factor caused your hair loss.
If you are suffering from the androgenic alopecia which is a genetic hair loss then he may recommend you to get an androgenic alopecia treatment in Dubai from the hair transplant clinic.
But you might not be a good candidate to get an androgenic alopecia treatment due to certain conditions.
You aren’t a Good Candidate to get an Androgenetic Alopecia Treatment:
- If you are a chain smoker or addicted to drugs and alcohol etc.
- If you are suffering from conditions like liver disease etc.
- If you have skin diseases or cancer etc., metabolic and systemic disorder.