Started in 2003, Movember is an annual event for raising awareness among men about men’s health problems such as prostate cancer, testicular cancer, and suicides. Many people around the world grow mustaches and beard in the month of November every year to take part in this event. It initially started in Australia and gradually spread all around the world and the scope was widened across all sort of health issues in men.
The stats for men’s causalities from prostate cancer, suicide cases, and testicular diseases are disturbing. Almost 45 men die of prostate cancer every hour, while one in nine men is diagnosed with that at any stage of life. There are also a significant amount of causalities from suicide and testicular disease among men.
The purpose of observing the Movember event every year is to raise fund and awareness about the health problems in men.
Across the world, men grow their mustaches in support to the men suffering from different health issues. Apart from that, a huge money is also raised through different events and campaigns. The raised funds are used to help the sufferers get treatments.
How can you take part?
You can sign up to different platforms available online. By letting your mustaches and beard grow and letting everyone in your connection know about the fundraising, you can play a big role in Movember.
By doing this you can actually prevent a lot of people from serious diseases and suicide.
- The participants of Movember must start the month of the November with a clean shaved face.
- For the entire month of November, don’t shave and grow the mustaches
- Use the power of mustaches to create a conversation about the men health issues and to raise funds for them.
Tips to grow mustaches
If you want to grow mustaches in order to stand up with the victims of prostate cancer, and other health issues, but you are unable to grow enough of them because of medical issues and hair loss, don’t worry as there ways you can get thick and significant mustaches. Here are the tips
- Moisturize the mustaches regularly
- Have a chat with a hair specialist nearby you in order to understand the real causes that are preventing your mustaches to grow
- Keep the mustaches clean and trim regularly apart from November if you are participating in Movember.
- Work natural oil, starting from the skin working it out from the roots to the split ends, manage flyways and keep your skin supple and soft.
At hair transplant Dubai clinic, we are providing with the most effective hair growth therapies such as LLT therapy and mesotherapy to help you prepare for the Movember. You can choose from different treatment options about getting your mustaches correct. Mild cases of mustaches hair loss are dealt with non-invasive hair loss therapies, whereas a surgical but less invasive procedure is performed in order to regrow the hair in the case of severe hair loss.
Restoring the mustaches hair with a hair transplant procedure is a bit easier than restoring the scalp hair as it requires the extraction of only few hair follicles.