How a person without eyelashes looks? Well, I leave the answer to your imagination, but one thing is for sure – it does not look good. There are many situations where someone can lose eyelashes. It can be a disease, chemotherapy, excessive use of eyelashes extensions, or Trichotillomania – obsessive plucking or pulling out hair.
If you are also struggling with sparse eyelash problem, or you have lost eyelashes completely due to any of the aforementioned reasons, stop worrying. Hair Transplant Dubai Clinic is there to help you out! We have a team of highly skilled cosmetic plastic surgeons who have specialized in performing Eyelash Hair Transplant in Dubai.
What Is Eyelash Hair Transplant?
Eyelash transplantation is a very safe procedure with very predictable results. Like a traditional hair transplant performed on the scalp, eyelash restoration also involves extracting healthy, balding-resistant follicles from the rear of the scalp, or any other part of the body. These follicles are then carefully transplanted into the eyelids to make them thick and lush. Generally 60 to 70 hairs are transplanted per eye. Once transplanted, they start growing like other hairs on our body. The surgery is performed with local anesthesia and it is a brief, outpatient procedure. It usually takes a couple of hours to complete the surgery, but the time can vary from person to person.
FUE OR FUT Hair Transplant?
Both FUE and FUT techniques can be used for graft harvesting, the use of strip removal is obsolete however. When using FUT method, a very small strip of scalp containing hair follicles is removed and the gap is sutured back. A technician dissects the scalp with the help of a stereoscopic microscope, and separates individual grafts from the scalp. These grafts are transplanted into the eyelash area one by one.
FUE method, on the other hand, involves extraction of individual grafts directly from the back of the scalp using a small punch tool. These grafts are then transplanted into the eyelids where they continue to grow over time like your normal eyelash hairs. Since FUE does not involve cutting and stitching of the scalp, this reduces the discomfort and recovery time even further.
Preparing well for eyelash hair transplant surgery is the first step towards getting your desired eyelash density. Here are some guidelines that will help you prepare well for the surgery:
- Stop taking aspirin and all other medications that fall under the category of blood thinners.
- Avoid allopathic and herbal supplements as most of them are blood thinning.
- Say no to cigarettes for nicotine in cigarettes can adversely affect the surgery and its outcomes.
- Avoid alcoholic beverages and drugs for 3-5 days prior to eyelash transplant.
- Limit your intake of caffeinated drinks and black colas as your prepare for the surgery.
Recovering from eyelash hair transplant is not as simple as preparing for the surgery is. You need to be extra careful and vigilant to make sure that you recover quickly and uneventfully, and get the desired results. Here are some post-op instructions that you need to follow to get the most out of surgery:
- Take prescriptions medicines as prescribed by the surgeon. This includes both pain medicines as well as antibiotics.
- Do not wash your face for 24-36 hours following eyelash transplant.
- Rubbing and scrubbing eyes while washing face is strictly prohibited. This may dislodge newly transplanted follicles.
- Itching in the eyelids is an unavoidable side effect of eyelash transplant, but it is temporary. Resist your urge to scratch at the tiny wounds.
- Avoid touching your eyes for any reason, as touching eyes with hands increases risk of infection. When necessary, sanitize your hands.
- Do not pick or scratch at the scab. Let it come off naturally.
Benefits of Eyelash Hair Transplant:
Eyelash hair transplant in Dubai is a ray of hope for people with sparse or no eyelash hair and who have even lost the hope of restoring natural lashes. It is beneficial process especially for people suffering from Trichotillomania – in impulse control disorder characterized by obsessive plucking of hairs, including eyelashes. Counseling and multiple sessions with a psychiatrist help these people recover from the psychological disorder but they are never able to regrow hair and are forced to live with artificial eyelashes for the rest of her life. But with eyelash hair transplant, now they can successfully regrow permanent, natural looking eyelashes.
Schedule a FREE CONSULTATION:
For further information you can always consult a doctor. At Hair Transplant Dubai Clinic, we have highly skilled surgeons as well as the staff that can guide you through your problem. The clinic also offers FREE CONSULTATIONS. To book an appointment, fill out the consultation form that is given below.