Do you have a patchy beard? Do you desire to flaunt a thicker and fuller beard? Have you tried everything in your reach to grow a healthy beard? If yes, don’t be disappointed just yet, as you still have the option of a beard hair transplant in Dubai. Nowadays, a lot of guys are struggling with a patchy beard; therefore, the demand for beard transplants has increased. However, many guys are still skeptical about this innovative way of growing beard hair.
In this article, we have shared some pros and cons of a beard hair transplant. So, if you are considering getting one, continue reading to learn more about it.
What is a beard hair transplant?
A beard hair transplant is a surgical and minimally invasive procedure for making beard hair regrow. During the procedure, a beard transplant surgeon extracts healthy hair follicles from the donor area and transplants them to the face. The results are natural-looking because the donor area is usually the patient’s scalp. The most common donor area is the scalp’s backside. Typically, 4000-7000 hair follicles are required to get the desired results. However, in some cases, 2500 hair follicles may also be enough.
The success of a beard hair transplant is highly dependent upon the surgeon’s expertise. An expert and skilled surgeon knows how to transplant hair follicles at natural angles to maintain the original growth pattern.
After 2-3 weeks of the beard hair transplant, patients will experience noticeable hair loss. This condition is known as hair shedding and may make you think that your beard transplant gone wrong. However, it is normal to lose the transplanted hair after a transplant. After the transplanted hair falls out, new hair will start flourishing.
Beard Hair Transplant Methods
The International Alliance of Hair Restoration Surgeons has approved only two methods for beard transplantation. These two methods are given below:
The preferred method for a beard transplant is FUE. In this method, healthy hair follicles are taken from the donor area (back of the scalp). Then, the extracted follicles are implanted in the recipient area (beard or mustache area).
This method is more invasive than FUE; therefore, most patients/practitioners try to avoid it. However, the results it yields are similar to FUE. During the procedure, the surgeon cuts a linear strip of skin from the donor area. Hair follicles are extracted from the strip and transplanted into the recipient area. The only downside of this method is that it leaves a scar.
Advantages of Beard Transplant
Before discussing specific advantages of beard transplant, we have shared some general benefits of the two standard transplant methods.
Advantages of FUE
FUE is the preferred method due to the advantages it has over other methods. Some general benefits of FUE are given below:
- No linear scar-like in FUT
- Quick recovery
- Minor, almost invisible scarring
- Virtually painless procedure
Advantages of FUT
FUT has one significant advantage over FUE:
- More hair follicles can be harvested in a short time
Beard Transplant Benefits
Now, let’s discuss the benefits of a beard transplant:
- Men with more facial hair feel more masculine. According to several studies, men with healthier beards feel more secure, strong, and confident.
- Many ladies find men with thick beards attractive.
- The procedure can effectively treat beard hair loss in Dubai.
- It is not a painful procedure and only minimally invasive. Patients may feel a pinching sensation during the procedure.
- The recovery period is not extensive and requires minimal aftercare.
- There are no severe side-effects of the procedure. Patients may experience redness, swelling, or inflammation in the treatment area. But these side-effects are temporary and subside within a day or two.
- The procedure takes about 5 hours to complete. But patients can leave immediately after the procedure.
- A beard hair transplant is a permanent solution for guys who want to have a fuller, thicker, and healthier-looking beard.
- Once the procedure is done, and the treatment area is healed, patients will begin seeing results soon. They will be able to grow natural hair, style, and trim it just like they want.
Beard Transplant Risks
Beard transplants are only minimally invasive procedures. It means that it doesn’t have any severe risks associated with it. However, exceptional cases may occur due to multiple reasons.
Apart from exceptional severe risks, beard transplants have some temporary side effects. These are mentioned below:
- The usual recovery period for swelling and redness is 7-10 days. However, in some cases, swelling may take longer to subside. Some patients may need up to 2-4 weeks before their skin becomes normal.
- During the first week, patients cannot shave, and if they do, they must be cautious. Otherwise, the newly implanted hair will be damaged and not take roots.
- Some minor bruising and hypersensitivity may be experienced at the donor and recipient sites.
- There is a chance for the incisions to get infected. Usually, the surgeon prescribes antibiotics and ointments to avoid infections. However, it may still happen and need immediate attention.
- The beard hair transplant cost may feel a lot to some people. Some insurance companies also don’t cover the price for this treatment.
Beard Transplant Gone Wrong
It is not typical for a beard transplant to go wrong completely. However, a surgeon’s expertise matters a lot in this case. If you get a transplant from some amateur, back-alley practitioner, the risk of its failure increases tenfold. On the other hand, an expert professional makes sure to minimize discomfort and chances of complications significantly.
The worst case of a failed beard transplant is when the practitioner doesn’t create the recipient sit accurately. When he doesn’t make the incisions aligned with the natural hair growth pattern, they grow unnaturally. As a result, the beard looks unnatural and irregular.
Beard Transplant in Dubai
Patchy beard is becoming a common problem among men. Fortunately, with a beard hair transplant in Dubai, you can get a fuller and healthier-looking beard. Hair Transplant Dubai Clinic offers effective beard transplantation services. So, please schedule an appointment with one of our expert doctors. Discuss your beard hair loss problem with them and get effective treatment.